Download UK ministerial meeting data from 2010
Some people have asked for access to the raw data aggregated on the Who’s Lobbying website.
Government departments are seven months late in publishing meeting reports. They are currently in breach of the Ministerial Code, pg 20, which states “Departments will publish, at least quarterly, details of Ministers’ external meetings”.
Departments last issued ministerial meeting reports covering the period Jan-Mar 2011. Data from these 2011 reports have not yet been extracted, cleaned, and loaded into the Who’s Lobbying database.
In an ideal world, the Prime Minister would be reprimanding departments for being in breach of the Ministerial Code’s rules on quarterly publication of ministers’ external meetings. Photo by The Prime Minister’s Office, some rights reserved.
Here is a link to a spreadsheet containing data from Who’s Lobbying’s database on UK ministerial meetings from May to December 2010.
Each organisation in a meeting is listed on a separate line, there are over 6,000 entries.
Data in the spreadsheet has been collated from previous department ministerial meeting reports. The columns meeting_source and meeting_source_uri give you the provenance of each row.
If more than one organisation was in the same meeting, then the wl_internal_meeting_id will be the same for those rows in the spreadsheet.
Often the same organisation is given a different name in different reports. Where possible a normalized form of the name is given in the column wl_normalized_name, and a normalized acronym, if any, for the organisation is given in the column wl_normalized_acronym.
Here is a list of the columns in the spreadsheet:
- department - e.g. Prime Minister’s Office
- minister - e.g. The Rt Hon David Cameron MP
- minister_role - e.g. Prime Minister
- wl_internal_meeting_id - e.g. 542
- date - e.g. May 2010
- name_of_organisation - e.g. Rupert Murdoch
- wl_normalized_name - e.g. Rupert Murdoch
- purpose_of_meeting - e.g. General meeting
- department_datagov_uri - e.g. http://reference.data.gov.uk/doc/minister/co/prime-minister
- department_wl_uri - e.g. http://whoslobbying.com/uk/prime_ministers_office
- minister_wl_uri - e.g. http://whoslobbying.com/uk/david_cameron
- organisation_wl_uri - e.g. http://whoslobbying.com/uk/rupert_murdoch
- meeting_source - e.g. Prime Minister’s Office, Ministerial meetings with outside interests, 13 May 2010 - 31 July 2010
- meeting_source_uri - http://download.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/transparency/data-pm.pdf
- meeting_source_licence - Open Government Licence – http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/
- whos_lobbying_licence - Open Database License (ODbL) – http://www.opendatacommons.org/licenses/odbl/1.0/
- whos_lobbying_attribution - Information from the Who’s Lobbying (http://whoslobbying.com/) database is available under the Open Database License (ODbL). Content from other sources have additional licences as referenced.